Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Holy Discomfort


Today was Student Chapel. I love these chapels because you get to hear from your peers and it's usually more applicable to your life. Also it makes me feel closer to the student body when a student shares than we anyone else preaches/shares. The theme of chapel this year is Holy Discomfort. I was really convicted today with the testimonies of the two people in chapel in that I've given in to comfort instead of having discomfort for the Lord. I've either been tempted or actually given up on tough friendships this semester. It's hard to be nice to the cynical and miserable people that were once your friends. It's hard to love them like Jesus would and not give up or talk about them. It's hard to continually see through their facade and rude behavior and see the hurting and wounded person beneath who just needs the love of Jesus. This is what Jesus has been impressing upon my heart this week and it's a hard thing to swallow but with his help I'll try.

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. The second is this: Love your neighbor as yourself. There is no commandment greater than these." Mark 12:30-31

"I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me." Gal. 2:20

"You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body." 1 Cor 6: 19b-20

No comments: