Saturday, November 21, 2009

Go Big Blue


ooooooooohhhhhhhhhh C-A-T-S. CATS, CATS, CATS.

Marie and I had the opportunity to go to a Cats basketball game today. It was so fun. Even though they were playing a team no one has ever heard of (Rider), the stadium was full of people who just love UK baskeball. Marie was sitting next an old guy who yelled at this one particular ref the whole time. It was hilarious. He would yell such things as "Higgins, ya old goat. Go collect your social security check. You're 95, you're too old to be on the court. You North Carolina lover, you're useless." Even his wife got into it. We beat the team by almost 30 points. Didn't matter though to the "Higgins" hater

The game was an experience and one that I've wanted to have since I arrived here at Asbury. This has been on my list for a while so I'm happy to be able to cross it off.
My next mission is to be able to sit in the student center. This is a nearly impossible task for someone who isn't a UK student but I'm going to see if I can make it happen.

No comments: