Monday, February 25, 2013

March Madness


(We ended Saturday night watching the Marquette game at a bar for Brian's birthday)


This is Adam and I's favorite part of the year. We spent the  weekend watching so much basketball and I luhooved it. I watched listened to it during work, after work, all day Saturday, and most of Sunday.

In anticipation of all the madness, I made a bracket (as I'm sure many of you did). I really wanted to do it without Adam's help and to crush his soul with my skills so I made it while he was away at curling. I did my research (a lot of good that ever does except to impress said boy) The next morning, as I was getting ready and he was just getting out of bed, I casually asked him how his bracket was coming.

Me: Did you do your bracket yet?
Stud: not yet
Me: oh yeah? Well, I have Davidson beating Marquette
Stud: Why would you do that?
Me: Well, they're on a 17 game winning streak, are 80% from the foul line and close to 40% from the 3-point line. I mean Marquette has good defense but they just leave points at the foul line, have long scoring dry spells and on a good day are 30% from the 3-point line.
Stud: What?!? Who are you? Can you be my sport's analyst every day?

To my dismay the Wildcats lost by 1! Bummer! But it was fun to impress Adam hehe


This weekend was still fun even if my bracket (and the rest of the country's)  didn't do as well as I hoped.

Did you guys catch any of the games? (this is a valid question since I asked so many people at work if they liked basketball and all but one said no)

No comments: