Friday, January 25, 2013

Thrifting Part 2

Adam and I need a few things for the house and had a three day weekend (love bank holidays when my husband works for a bank ;) to see if we could find anything. I think we just ended up with some books but it was really fun to look in all the different antique/resale shops. Oh wait, I did get something really good hehe I can't believe I forgot. I am so excited!




I got this dresser (which from my earlier post, you can tell we need!) for $50. It's real wood and quality-made. I love it. I can't wait to repaint it!!! I've been researching how I want to do it but I need to wait till it's a little warmer than it is now hehe


This has been normal weather this week. Not so bad with gloves, a scarf, and the right coat. I'm not really outside that much so it's okay so far (Adam and I have one space in the heated garage that we take turns using. I only work two mornings a week so usually by the time I go outside, it's bearable). Except when you have to jump your car with no gloves, that my friend is a different story. That is the worst. (My alternator died)


Saw the biggest Bible I've ever seen!


Saw this awesome gold mirrors. I am really into these right now... Not sure why.



There is this awesome grocery store that has a stellar produce and meat section. Since we got back from Mexico, Adam has really wanted to buy a coconut and break it open. We have been searching every grocery store up here for them and couldn't find them till we walked into this one the other day.



We'll see how this adventure goes hehe

Happy Friday! Hope y'all have a fantastic weekend!





3 comments:

Leighann said...

We bought a coconut once... in the first 5 years of marriage because we lived in our condo - Henry finally got the darn thing open.. we've never bought one again. Let me know how it goes for you guys. Ha!

And, I love the dresser. Can't wait to see the finished product.

Anonymous said...

I love the dresser! I cannot wait to see what you do with it!!!

Kate said...

Shut up, that dresser is awesome! Please do a whole before and after post once it warms up!