Thursday, January 19, 2012

Workouts and Fieldtrips

I did this awesome workout class on Tuesday night that was Yoga/Pilates mix. My new friend, Brittney, likes to call it a slow burn workout class and I couldn't agree more. It was really fun though. I love classes because I'm more motivated to work out and I like it when it goes fast. I'm hoping to keep up with that except that the second time it's offered in the week is Friday at 6am so don't know if I'll be making that workout happen every week or not.
We went on a work field trip yesterday to check out printing companies and their capabilities and also a paper supplier in the surrounding areas. It was amazing to see how much goes into just getting something printed from what paper to use, what machine to have it printed on, or even what printing process to use. I don't even have a grasp on any of it but it was a great
learning experience. I felt like I was back in grade school. Very weird feeling. It was nice, however, to spend a day with the team not doing our typical work routine.


Here is a photo from one of the places we went today. Apparently the workers are sick of the vending machine having old candy bars so they wrote the vending man a message.

2 comments:

Leighann said...

You'd think as a printing company they could've come up with a better message. Just saying. And 75 cents? Wow! Our candy bars cost at least a dollar if not more.
I like going to the classes because I work harder and longer. My pride kicks in and I don't want the others to know I'm dying at the 10 minute mark. :)

Kate said...

Wow, I would have loved to tour a printing company! So cool. That's so funny about the candy bar! I feel kind of bad for the vending machine guy!