Thursday, March 20, 2014

City Living


Adam's view from his office


Since the New Year, our lives have been a little crazy. I had been commuting down to Wheaton every Monday morning and back on Wednesday evening, staying at his parents in between. Then I would rush back on Wednesday and get ready to finish up the work week in Milwaukee. I wasn't working out consistently, cooking, cleaning, or getting enough sleep. I felt like I was always busy rushing back forth between the two places. Adam had the same problem come February except he was commuting an hour and half to two hours one way no matter if he was coming from Wheaton or Milwaukee. We were driving a lot and spending a lot of money on gas and eating out.

Surprisedly enough, the move to the city has made our lives simpler. We are both in one place everyday. We both take public transportation and so even though his commute is still 30-45 minutes, he gets to read. Before we moved, I can't tell you the last time either of us read a book but now we've both started our 2nd books this week. (what?!?). We are both working out consistently, eating better (I'm cooking again ;), spending more time together and getting rest. It feels so nice after all the craziness. We got in our car over the weekend and we had only driven it 60 miles in a week and half and 30 of that had been to come to the city from Wheaton. Haha It's been nice.

I hope as it gets warmer, we'll get to enjoy the city more. So far though the move has been good for us and I'm thankful for that.

1 comment:

Leighann said...

Yay! Can't wait to see more of your adventures in Chi-town.