Monday, February 24, 2014

Always prepared but can't quite remember that

I have a problem. I'm the type of person that buys things before they run out because I don't want to be stuck going to store late at night because I ran out of contact solution. So I'll buy it when it starts to feel significantly lighter. If it's on sale, I'll buy multiple. Fast forward to when the said item actually runs out and I'm at the store already, I buy the item and go on my merry way forgetting I already have multiple of the same item at home. This has been happening a lot lately.

As you can see based on what I found when packing the bathroom. 
( I found a pack of more toothbrushes after I took this photo)

This doesn't even count the bucket of toiletries I keep at my in-laws for the nights I stay there each week and my toiletry bag that is always packed….




 It even happens with cards. I bought Adam not one but two anniversary cards because I thought they were both so "us". Then our anniversary came and went and I forgot I even had them. Oh and Valentine's Day? I bought the card the day before because we didn't get each other anything with the craziness going on in our lives and us trying to get rid of things as we move and then I never wrote in it. The card sat on the kitchen island for three days before Adam asked what it was while he was trying to help me pack up the kitchen. Oh, that? Well that was supposed to be your Valentine's Day card. Do you want me to tell you what it would have said so I can use it again next year? And so starts the cycle over again. I'm telling myself I'll be better when we move but who knows. Here's to remembering how prepared I already am. haha

Happy Monday!



1 comment:

Katie Cottle said...

Yes! I love this post! I do this all. The. Time. So good to see u this weekend Dottie! <3