Monday, June 1, 2009

Wildlife fest....

This day was worthy of two posts.

Last night Dean, Amy, I and some of their friends went out on a boat, ate pizza, and watched the sunset. It was really fun and relaxing. We even saw a couple dolphins feeding, which was a highlight for me. I have a crush on that little boy named Isaac. He was so cute and he said he loved me after meeting him for the first time that night. Haha kids can really get under your defenses.




This morning, we went to an isolated beach and saw all kinds of wildlife. We even saw a Osprey with a fish in it's talons that was still swishing back in forth. Amy and I both sunk down in the sand and felt something tickling our feet to find out it was a crab trying to get out. Haha what a surprise. Those things are fast swimmers.




Then this evening we got a call from a friend telling us there were manatees trapped in the intracoastal waterway. Gotta love small towns. We all piled into the van and headed 15 minutes down the road to find a whole bunch of people watching like 12 manatees in this marshy area right by the road. Apparently there was 1 female (who wasn't ready to mate) and 11 males trying to force her out of the shallows so they could get some action. Dang is all I can say- I would stay in the shallows too if I was her. But it was cool to see them even if I couldn't get a good picture (I really need a telephoto lens). Plus I saw another dolphin feeding. There was this huge fish that kept jumping out of the water and I guess the dolphin finally got it. I managed to capture both the dolphin fin and the manatee's bodies chilling in the water in this photo but both are very small hence the arrows ;)

I love God's creation. It intrigues me so much.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Bahaha, I like the way you worded all this.