Wednesday, June 3, 2009

There is a time for everything....

There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
a time to be born and a time to die.... (Ecc 3:1-2a)

My Uncle Bill died last night. He had been battling cancer for almost two years now so it was expected but still sad. I thought I wouldn't be sad because even though he was my favorite (on my dad's side), I've only seen him once in the last couple years and I knew his death was imminent. But I can't help but feel a little bit of sorrow for him. But I can also rejoice that he isn't in pain anymore and that he knew the Lord Jesus Christ as his personal Savior. My brother saw him a couple weeks ago and said my Uncle didn't even recognize him. He also was very skinny and slept a lot which made it extra hard to communicate with him because he was deaf. My heart goes out to my dad, grandma, aunt, and cousins on this day.
The funeral will probably be this weekend when we're all home (a blessing in disguise).

I remember my Uncle being so funny. My dad and him would always pair up and my Uncle would tell funny stories at all the family get togethers and my dad would be his "voice." I haven't been as close to my dad's side of the family since the divorce but I still respected this man very much and will miss him. It was intimidating as a child to know that two of your aunts and uncles were deaf but Uncle Bill and Aunt Glenda didn't let it stop them from getting to know and love each and every one of us.

No comments: