Friday, April 4, 2014

Mysteries of life

Are there somethings in life that you just don't get? I don't mean the deep, philosophical beliefs about life (some of those can be hard for people to understand) but more like the mundane, day-to-day stuff that we don't even think about until one day we DO. Then the more you think about said thing, the more you wonder  who thought this was a good idea?

For example.

1. Why did someone think it was good idea to put this type of cap on a BayLeaf container?
Am I going to strain out my large bay leafs through this?  Shouldn't have gone generic on this one.



2. Why is Adam's belly button not only a lint factory but why is it always gray?
We laugh about it every single day when we find lint in there and and even joke about saving it and making it into something. Then we throw up about how gross it would be if we actually did make a belly button lint sweater. Ew.



3. Speaking of making a sweater out of gross materials makes me think of this book and who thought that was a good idea. Got allergies? don't worry about it, just make a sweater out of cat hair and try not to sneeze. Gross.

Also what if you don't have enough hair from your cat? Do you shave it? Do you find other cats so you can get more hair? Someone help explain this to me. I just don't get it.



4. How I am now doing stuff that I used to make fun of my mother for doing.
 Yikes. Life is ironic sometimes. I used to make fun of my mom for leaving stuff in the microwave and finding it the next day. Then… it happened to me. I tried to make bacon for my BLTs this week at the same time I was making a time consuming, veggie chopping extensive recipe. Adam came in to help and asked what it's in the microwave as the beeper went off. I said, "Bacon" and that was the last time we thought of the bacon until the next morning. Talk about a grossfest, day old, half cooked bacon. 


5. Why the weekend is so short?
Seriously, who thought this was a good idea? I think we should have 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends or week long holidays like in Europe... Just saying.

Anyways, Happy Friday and enjoy your weekend! We're helping some friends move, watching basketball and hopefully getting me some free wood pallets so I can work on some projects I've been itching to do.


1 comment:

Katie Cottle said...

I died at the car hair book- what!?!?