Monday, March 18, 2013

New Design

I'm in the midst of giving my blog a facelift. I am a designer for pete's sake and haven't really changed the look or at least the header of my blog since I started it 4 years ago. That is a disgrace. So I'm in the midst of changing it...

Hope you guys had a great weekend. I had a lame weekend in the fun department but a very productive weekend so I feel very relaxed and lot lighter in my step. I got done a big freelance project last week and basically finished 4 more small projects. It felt like finals week last week with all I had to do and now I feel the sweet release of the end of that pretend semester. Not mad!

I had to teach sunday school yesterday to the two sisters (only two teens at church on Sundays-- there are 5 on Wednesday #smallchurchproblems). It was pretty awkward last time so I wasn't going to have any of that. Side note: The Pastor had asked Adam to be the head of the greeter crew on Sunday mornings and had shared his vision of having warm food to give a welcoming smell to the church and a yummy surprise for the congregation and guests. Back to my story: So I decided to have "sunday school" in the kitchen and had the girls help me finish up pioneer woman's cinnamon rolls. These are by no means healthy but they are yummy. We ran a little late but it was so fun to come down into the lobby and have everyone together, eating, and greeting each other. It was really good fellowship and made our church seem more alive and welcoming. I hope we can do it more often. I think the Pastor was really happy to see part of his vision come to pass.

Oh John and & Jess had their baby last wednesday. A beautiful little boy who apparently has red hair. How very irish of him?

Sorry for the shirtless brother but how cute is that baby?

Also it's my niece's, Autumn, 13th birthday. She's officially a teenager..... Right, Johanna? I think I'm right and if so then that is crazy!!! I cannot believe that Johanna now has 2 teenagers in her house! So crazy!


Hope you guys have a good Monday!




2 comments:

Leighann said...

Love the new header. :) and the cinnamon rolls idea. would love me some of those right now!

Anonymous said...

Like your new XOXO Dottie sign off. So cute!