Monday, January 6, 2014

Baby, it's cold outside



This is a first for me. I have never lived in a place where it snows almost all weekend and then work gets cancelled not from all the snow (10 + inches) but because of the cold. Today's high temperature is supposed to be -14! I have yet to venture outside because I am enjoying being so warm inside but I will eventually have to head outdoors to start my car so the battery doesn't die in the cold. What? Yes.  Once I get warm, waterproof boots, I really have nothing to complain about because I'll have enough warm winter clothing but it's just a crazy place to live in sometimes. I can't imagine living in Minnesota today where they are breaking the record of it being -64 without taking into account the wind chill factor.

Anyways this weekend we spent a lot of time: shoveling (and by we, I mean everyone else but me)



Looking at all the snow accumulate


Pushing our car out of the snow (or maybe we just did this once…)


 … and working. I still haven't quite figured out how to say no but I'm hoping I can do just that in 2014.  I keep saying yes to projects that are frustrating and take up a lot of time forgetting that I am now back to full-time and don't need to be looking for extra projects… haha I'll learn one of these days.

Stay warm, people and enjoy the day ;)



No comments: