Thursday, November 21, 2013

Give Thanks

I am feeling very blessed these past couple days. So I thought I would share the wonderful things God has blessed me with.


1. Awesome in-laws. From coming to visit us to letting me crash in their space once a week, I am so blessed to have them semi-close.


2. Speaking of my in-laws, reminds me of my awesome husband. He is beyond busy yet he still takes the time to show me he cares and help me out. From coming home early from the library so he can see me before I go to sleep,  helping me carry stuff to my car for my Wheaton working days, to leaving the song Unconditional Love by Katy Perry playing when he leaves to the house to let me know how he feels (aww cute.).

3. Katie- The timing could not be more perfect for Katie and Jack to come stay with us (well for me at least). Originally, she was going to come in the summer but I’m so thankful she is here in the fall because I would be soooooooo lonely without her while Adam is in the libary every night. I have friends in Milwaukee, y’all but I have had a lot of freelance and driving lately and sometimes it’s nice to have someone to hang out with that you don’t have to travel to see.  Also it's nice to have a a fellow gluten free-er. We've been cooking/baking a lot together and now I have so many new recipes!

4. A kind stranger- Once a week, I let myself have a fancy coffee on my way to Wheaton. It’s a treat during this time where I have to get up at 4:45 and make the 2 hour commute. Eventually, I’ll wean off that drink but for now it’s a nice treat to get me out of bed. A couple weeks ago, when I went to pay for my drink, the cashier told me that the car in front of me had already paid for me. I have heard of that being done and have done similar stuff in youth group but have never been on the receiving end of that. It seriously made my day that a complete stranger would bless me in that way. So I decided to do the same. I mean I was happy to pay for the next persons drink (Way happier than I would have been to pay for my own). It’s amazing what a blessing something small like that can be to someone.

5. Work- Since I went part-time,  I have not only enjoyed my part time hours at Wheaton but have had enough work provided each week through freelance or odd jobs. I'm getting to work on all different kind of projects and meet all kinds of people. It's been an adventure.


Happy Thursday!



No comments: