Sunday, April 10, 2011

Bat-mitzvah

For fear of offended someone, I'm not going to put any photos from tonight as my profile picture on facebook but I thought I'd give you guys a little taste of a religious party we had tonight.

Two of my friends, Olivia and Marie-Claire have been joking about having a bat-mitzvah all semester. I'm not sure why that joke started but alas it's been go
ing on quite a while. Well, since we have 28 days until we graduate we decided we better have it soon or we were never going to have it. So tonight we had a "bat-mitzvah" for them. In reality, it was just an excuse for everyone to dress up as a particular religious stereotype and bring a dessert or appetizer. I ended up filming the whole thing and interviewing people for my third film project for a class. We'll see how that goes but until then here are some pictures :)

The coming of age girls-- guests of honor

Achmed & Sanaa from Saudi Arabia

The Cruises (Tom, Katie, and little Suri)

The whole gang- Jim Jones, Mormons, Hindus, Wiccans, Salvationists, Amish, Zen Buddhists, Nihilist, New Age, a Jewish Bishop (not sure how that works), and a few Christians. We did well, if I do say so myself.

1 comment:

Leighann said...

Sadaa has beautiful eyes. Even in a burka.