Tuesday, September 28, 2010

First couple days of the Alltech FEI World Equestrian Games



Okay so it's been an exciting yet exhausting past few days. I'm finally getting to see what I've been promoting for the last 5 months! I thought I would share some pictures with you guys. (they were all taken by my work phone so don't judge!)


A random fish in the Kentucky experience (a area that promotes the 9 regions of Kentucky and highlights what they're known for)

Why, yes that is Colonel Sanders (the genius behind KFC). Thanks for asking. Also thanks for not asking about the stupid expression on my face.

A local aquarium is in Alltech's area at the park. They bring a penguin and a petting shark each day for little kids (and anyone young at heart) to pet. They also have a tank full of beautiful fish including a cute, little puffer fish.

I was really excited to say I worked for the company who now has the new indoor arena and a road named after them in the Kentucky Horse Park. This is their logo right outside the indoor arena. (fun fact : the indoor arena is now going to be the location of the reining championships which have never been held outside of Texas :)

This is a bad picture but it's of the "pit stop" area of the endurance race. The endurance race lasts about 12 hours. It is an 100 mile race that they run in laps. They have to check in here and their "crew" cools down the horse, gets it water, checks it's body/horseshoes, and tries to get its heart rate down so it will pass the vet check. If the horse's heart rate is too high or the vets think that it is not doing well, they'll not allow the rider and horse to continue the race.


Land Rover has a driving range to show off their vehicles. People can sign up and drive the vehicles over the creek, rough terrain, and even over the "log see-saw" (which is just like what it sounds)


The Horse park is 1200 acres so most athletes get around by bike or golf cart.

Obviously the Qatar Show-jumping team is getting around by bike because we have their golf cart. I'm not quite sure how that happened but non the less it's right outside our work trailer.

Yes, we do have a Rolls Royce golf cart. 'Nuff said.

You looking at me? oh yes, I am caring an United States of America sign in front of all the USA athletes so that they know where to go for the opening ceremonies. No big deal.

Obviously, it's harder than it looks to take a picture of yourself and the full USA sign.



This picture is random but I found it on my phone and I'm not sure if I had shared it will you guys. My hairdresser left to answer the phone and left the brush in my hair and me holding the blow-dryer. I pay you to do what, again? is what I felt like saying but instead just took a picture.



Well, I need to finish some homework and head to bed so I can start my day off right tomorrow. Sorry I've been so busy. I hope to keep up with this after the internship ends.











3 comments:

Jennifer said...

Ok, I'm not a stalker, I promise, but I've visited your site occasionally since your sister (whose blog I came upon randomly, too) posted a link when you were at the olympics. Anyway, my mom is doing sales somewhere at the equestrian games, so it was fun to see these photos! :-) I also have a friend who just moved down to KY and started up at Asbury, working on his phD. His wife is working on campus and also teaching a turbokick class. Anyway, I'm sure this is just totally random, but I thought I'd leave the comment anyway. Hope you have a great night!! :-)

Dottie said...

haha Thanks Jennifer! I don't think you're a stalker. It's funny how small our world is, huh?
thanks for the comment.

Jennifer said...

Oh, good! :-) Sure is!! Loved seeing more photos on your post today, too!