Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Lists.

I'm the kind of person that has so many little things going on right now that if I don't write it all down, I will forget and it will probably not get done. Another reason for lists, is that I am the kind of person who needs to prove to myself that I am getting something done amongst all this craziness and so visually seeing something crossed off my endless list helps me feel better. The bummer with my life right now is that all my projects are not just done with a phone call, e-mail, or 4 hour work session. So I never see that I have been productive throughout the day. To solve this little problem, I have started writing down stuff that normally wouldn't go on a to-do list but stuff that I know I will get done in one sitting. Stuff like "lunch with a Abby", "movie with Marie", "hang-out with Adam", "blog", or I even put one time "layout". People have questioned my list writing techniques but in the end it doesn't matter, because I feel more productive when I can cross something off my list and if those are the only things I can cross off right now, then so be it.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't listen to anyone who doubts your list making ability. anything that makes you feel more productive will end up helping you be more productive... it's a positive cycle... also, who are they to say that lunch with a friend isn't a productive part of the day? all work and no play makes dodger a mad girl.
love you,
katie

Leighann said...

I've been known to put 'playing with the kids' on my list so it makes me feel productive. :)

Unknown said...

I know how you feel, I'm the same way, I put wake-up time on my list ha! & I agree with Katie, 'all work & no play' ~ no fun we need balance, girl! :o)