Wednesday, July 15, 2009

You ain't got nothin' on us Winn-Dixie



I woke up at 7:05 this morning to Amy telling me she was off to Winn-Dixie and asking me if I would watch her kids. Why you may ask was she going so early to the grocery store? To celebrate their anniversary, Winn-Dixie was awarding the first 51 customers in the door with $5 gift cards. So Amy got Dean to go on the way to meet someone for breakfast, then she went while I helped the boys get breakfast, and I went when she got back. Dean was the 6th customer, Amy the 28th, and I was the 44th. And that early in the morning it didn't take long at all because none of us got caught by the many lights. So we got $15 in gift cards.

Yesterday we both had prescriptions to fill, so she called around to see if anyone had any deals going on. Winn-Dixie did. If you dropped off a new prescription they would give you a $10 gift card that could be used on your next purchase. She paid for all of her prescriptions except one that is going to cost $50. (She was debating whether or not her husband really needed it.) I decided to wait until today to get my prescription since I was getting paid today. So she got one $10 gift card that I was going to use on my prescription and then I'd give her the gift card that I was going to receive. Well a new coupon came out today for new prescriptions getting filled and it was a $25 gift card (instead of a $10 one).
My prescription came to $4.97
I used my $5 gift card received this morning

Dean's prescription will cost $50
2 $5 gift cards received this morning= -$10
1 $10 gift card received yesterday = -$10
1 $25 gift card received today = -$25
So with all the scheming we've done in the last two days, I got my prescription for free and Dean will get his for $5.
Haha take that Winn-Dixie, never knew what hit ya.

But in all seriousness, God is good and does provide in our times of need.
Matt 6:26Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, Deej, that is the best story I've heard in a long time. I literally laughed out loud. I'm also truly impressed by the fact that you made it all make sense with all that math! And way to bring out the true moral of the story at the end! Well told.